Matt Spracklen is a TV presenter, social music influencer/tastemaker and host of the ‘Mainly Music’ podcast.
‘The Matt Spracklen Show’ is a programme on the Keep It Country TV channel on Sky, Freeview & Freesat.
Matt plays his favourite music videos from the world of country music as well as on location interviews with artists and bands and covering gigs and festivals. The show airs prime time on Tuesday evenings at 8pm.
The 'Mainly Music With Matt Spracklen’ podcast, produced by Sarah Bishop (Frank Skinner, Edith Bowman…) is based around his public Spotify playlist and features new music, his own favourites and recommendations. There are interviews from bands/artists at various events and red carpets, the latest news from the world of music and features such as ‘Shazam It’ and ‘Podsnacks’.
As a music influencer and tastemaker, Matt draws on his experience of touring in bands for 5 years, studying music during the summer months at Belmont & Trevecca Universities in Nashville, Tennessee. After leaving the band, Matt travelled with bands on tour and in the studios documenting through photography and worked with many artists and bands including The Computers, Mick Jones, Ron Sexsmith, Joanne Cash, Elvis Costello, Green Day etc... More recently, Matt spent 2 years building a music platform for London Instagram which included an exclusive monthly music event, 'Stageside', where artists showcase album launches and pre-tour shows in front of VIPs, industry and social influencers. Now, Matt has secured his first TV show, and works with record labels to help promote their artists across Matt's channels, podcast and playlists.
Matt is a brand ambassador for Olympus cameras. As a well travelled photographer, Matt likes to keep it light and stylish and so chooses to shoot with the Olympus PEN-F.
Hawkins & Brimble:
Matt is a brand ambassador for grooming line, Hawkins & Brimble. Matt works on a number of project with H&B including social campaigns, competitions, red carpet events and the brand's Spotify playlists.
Music moments include:
* Represented Virgin Radio at The BRITs after presenting the Virgin Radio Takeover Show.
* Hosted the ‘Bat Out Of Hell’ musical’s Facebook Live from the red carpet at the Opening Gala.
* Co-hosted New Year’s Music Special on Virgin Radio with Jamie East.
* Reported from the red carpet at the Mercury Prize + attended award show and afterparty.
* TalkRadio phone in discussing the week’s music news with Paul Ross on the breakfast show.
* Presented on This Feeling TV and interviewed bands with Radio X’s Gordon Smart.
* Part of Dave Stewart’s crew at The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon in NYC.
* Part of Joanne Cash’s crew at a concert in Nashville, TN.
* Guest of Red stripe at The Q Awards and Liam Gallagher’s after show party.
* Save The Children night with Ronnie Wood & Robert Plant.
* Red carpet guest at the Urban Music Awards.
* The Americana Music Awards with Jools Holland & Van Morrison.
Brand Activations include:
* #WithGalaxy for Samsung at music festivals including British Summer Time & All Points East.
* #LikeACaptain campaign for Captain Morgan where Matt was given the nickname ‘Captain Karaoke’.
* #JackDanielsPresents The Vaccines secret gig.
* #PLSummerParty for the launch of the Honor 10 with Pocketlint.
* #OlympusPenFClan images on the Olympus Instagram.
Matt is also the co-founder of global altruism movement ‘Do Something For Nothing’ that started with friend Josh Coombes cutting hair for the homeless.