Ha! Yes, Rochdale!
Matt Spracklen, music influencer, editor of @london on Instagram (2.1 million followers) and host of the ‘Mainly Music…’ podcast is a respected social media influencer / tastemaker within the music industry and is always on the lookout for the next break-through music act.
As a photographer, Matt has worked with the likes of Green Day, Dave Stewart, Mick Jones, The Vamps, Elvis Costello, Mumford & Sons, Joanne Cash, Bob Geldof… and many more.
Music moments include:
* Represented Virgin Radio at The BRITs 2017 after presenting the Virgin Radio takeover show.
* Co hosted New Year’s Music Special on Virgin Radio with Jamie East.
* Reported from the red carpet at the Mercury Prize + attended award show and afterparty.
* Interviewed backstage at Reading Festival & British Summertime Festival.
* Hosted and interviewed at secret in store performance with The Vamps.
* Talk Radio discussing the week’s music news with Paul Ross on the breakfast show.
* Guest hosting The Bushmills Hour on Hoxton Radio multiple times with Radio X presenter, Elspeth Pierce.
* Presenting This Feeling TV and interviewing bands with Radio X’s Gordon Smart.
* Part of Dave Stewart’s crew at The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon in NYC.
* 48 hours in Belgium with Papa Roach interviewing and creating content to promote album and London show.
* Photographed Elvis Costello for solo tour promo.
* Interviewed Foy Vance and created promo material for his UK tour.
* Photographed behind the scenes at Joanne Cash concert in Nashville, TN.
* Guest of Red stripe at The Q Awards and Lia Gallagher after show party.
* Worked with Amnesty International & Sofar Sounds on shows with Emeli Sandé & Gregory Porter.
Notable appearances include:
* Save The Children night with Ronnie Wood & Robert Plant.
* Will I Am and Jessie J’s party after event at the Royal Albert Hall.
* Black Sabbath’s Ten Year War party + invite to their last show at The O2 with BMG.
* Red carpet at the Urban Music Awards.
* Warner Music’s BRITs 2017 after party.
* AMA’s with Jools Holland & Van Morrison.
Other projects include:
* Google’s Pixel activation with KISS at The O2 and attended with Sophie Simmons.
* Brand activations with Google, Eurostar, Nike, Time Inc… etc.
* Red carpet appearances at movie premieres such as Murder On The Orient Express, Stratton and Mudbound’.
* Interviewing guests and celebrities on the red carpet for Disney at Aladdin.
* British Grand Prix (including interviews with F1 drivers during F1 Live in London).
* Co-founder of global altruism movement ‘Do Something For Nothing’ that started with friend Josh Coombes cutting hair for the homeless.
Matt’s podcast, 'Mainly Music With Matt Spracklen', produced by Sarah Bishop (Frank Skinner, Edith Bowman…) is based around his public Spotify & Apple Music playlists and features new music, his own favourites and recommendations. There are also guest appearances and interviews from bands/artists at various events and red carpet moments. Matt also hosts an exclusive monthly music event for @London called Stageside, where artists showcase album launches and pre-tour shows in front of VIPs, industry and social influencers.